Cashier & General Grocery Clerk
Summary: A Cashier is responsible for maintaining customer service as per company standard, generating sales,
housekeeping, merchandising, product and store signage, pricing, cash register operations (POS) and loss
prevention in adherence with all company policies and store standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment
which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge
and all other components of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock;
ensures unwanted merchandise is returned to shelf promptly.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Communicates openly, respectfully, and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media
accountabilities at POS registers.
- Reports to work for scheduled shifts, on-time and appropriately uniformed.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Moderate kneeling, climbing, and bending.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
DISCLAIMER: The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, requirements, and conditions listed
in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be
required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and
require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations or work environment change.